http://www2.tobiidynavox.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/musicinourschools-300x293.png 200 200 Stephen Szak http://www2.tobiidynavox.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/tobii-dynavox-logo-white-340x156px3.png Stephen Szak2016-02-04 11:38:562016-02-04 16:00:35Music Education ROCKS!
March is Music in Our School Month!
Did you know that music has many positive effects on students? Here are just a few–
- Music boosts brain power – It stimulates parts of the brain that are related to reading, math, and emotional development.
- It improves memory – Music stimulates different patterns of brain development that can improve students’ learning ability and memory.
- Music teaches patience – When playing an instrument in a group, you have to work together and that sometimes means waiting your turn.
- It helps children socially – Picking up an instrument and participating in a group can help a student break out of their shell.
- Music teaches discipline – When playing an instrument, students not only have to practice in class, but also at home in their free time.